An example of someone who would be described as tidy is a clean and well-dressed person.
- neat in personal appearance, ways, etc.; orderly
- neat in arrangement; in order; trim
- fairly good; satisfactory
- rather large; considerable: a tidy sum of money
Origin of tidyMiddle English tidi, seasonable, honest, hence in good condition from tide: see tide
intransitive verb-·died, -·dy·ing
- a small container for odds and ends
- a. Orderly and clean in appearance: keeps the apartment tidy.b. Given to keeping things clean and in order: a tidy housekeeper.
- Informal Adequate; satisfactory: a tidy arrangement.
- Informal Substantial; considerable: a tidy sum.
verbti·died, ti·dy·ing, ti·dies
Origin of tidyMiddle English tidi in season, healthy from tide time ; see tide 1.
- A surname.