- in a state of chaos; in a completely confused or disordered condition
- of or having to do with the theories, dynamics, etc. of mathematical chaos
A chaotic classroom.
The definition of chaotic is someone or something that is disorganized or lacking in order.
An example of chaotic is a classroom full of unsupervised hyper young kids when the teacher has left to go take a phone call.
(comparative more chaotic, superlative most chaotic)
- Chaotic conditions followed the war.
- His cool touch calmed her this time, parted the reeling emotions and chaotic thoughts.
- The administration of finance was as chaotic as the condition of parliament.
- To remedy this chaotic state of affairs, the Metropolis Management Act 1855 was passed.
- Westward of Berbera the ascent to the high country is not so abrupt as in the east but is made by several steps, the mountains forming a chaotic mass.