Quickly Manage Your Preferences
Cookie and Tracking Preferences: To adjust your cookie and tracking preferences you can manage your preferences here.
Delete And Manage Your Data (where applicable): To submit a request for LoveToKnow Media to delete all data collected please click here.
Information we collect
Personal Information; Information You Provide
Any Personal Information we have would be available to us because of data you provide to LoveToKnow Media through various uses of our website, app, or email services. This is declared information that you as a website visitor directly input through various means; these would include:
- Contact Information: This could include your name, email address, and communication preferences for the purposes of email and newsletter communications.
- Survey/Questionnaire Data: This could include basic demographic and psychographic information such as gender, age range, race, income bracket, marital status, household size, interests, hobbies, etc. This is information that you would submit to LoveToKnow directly through website or email communication.
- Contest and Sweepstakes Data: This could include name, home address, email address, phone number, and any declared responses to survey questions or forms for the purposes of entering a contest or sweepstakes for a given and posted prize/reward.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit our websites, mobile applications, or view an email, LoveToKnow Media or a third-party service may collect non-personal information from your browser or device. This data is typically considered not personally identifiable information and does not personally identify you on its own. Examples of this information are:
- Usage Analytics Data: This would include how much time is spent interacting with our services, any clicks on links within our services, general website usage and navigation, and referral paths.
- Device-Level Data/Log Files: This would include browser information, operating system, device type, internet protocol (IP) address, location, browser type/version, browser id, internet service provider, entrance/exit pages, time stamps, or any other user agent information.
- Advertising Measurement Data: This data centers around advertisements seen on our website, mobile applications, or emails. This would include advertisement views (impressions), clicks, or interactions.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies help to track data. A cookie is a small data tracker transferred to your device when it is used to access our web properties. Cookies can be used for several purposes, including to enable aspects or features on our properties or to remember your preferences, to better understand how you use our properties, and to provide you with more personalized advertising messages on and off our properties. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting third party cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from websites that you visit.
How We Use Information We Collect
LoveToKnow may use the information we collect, either directly or automatically for various reasons, which include:
- Responding to inquiries, feedback requests, comments, or any other requests submitted by our visitors directly.
- Personalizing your experience on our web and app properties, which may provide you with content recommendations similar to what you have interacted with previously on our properties.
- Creating a more personalized advertising experience based on your interests, including email communication.
- To help authenticate any account created on our websites or mobile applications.
- For analytical and monitoring purposes. This includes analyzing website usage information to help create new experiences, detection of website bugs or suboptimal functionality, to optimize our website services, or creation of new services. We may also use this data to monitor our website traffic and visitor behavior on our properties.
- To fulfill submissions to any website sweepstakes or promotions.
- To comply with legal obligations or requirements, as directed by Law.
How Do We Share or Disclose Information
LoveToKnow may share or disclose information provided to other third party companies as defined below:
- Service Providers and Affiliates: We may provide access to anonymized information to outside parties that perform services on our behalf, including subscription processing, managing email lists and sending email messages on our behalf, payment processing and order fulfillment, analytics, and performing other administrative services, in order to carry out such services.
- Clients, Contest and Promotion Providers: If you enter a contest or sweepstakes promotion that is sponsored by a third party or client and have agreed to opt-in to marketing and promotions, the information you provide via the contest or sweepstakes may be disclosed to that third party for their use subject to their own policies.
- Third-Party Advertising Partners: LoveToKnow Media is supported and monetized by third-party advertising partners. These partners may employ technologies which allow for the delivery of personalized advertising on Our Properties. These technologies may collect specific and anonymized information to deliver more relevant advertising and marketing messages. These third parties include advertising and supply side partners, data management platforms and exchanges, advertising servers, web analytics providers, and other advertising technologies. We may also sometimes provide specific and anonymized information to service providers, who may attempt to match our data with their own, this would come in the form of hashed unidentifiable email addresses, mobile ad IDs, and other proprietary and anonymous IDs which we may assign, in order to provide you with a more personalized ad experience.
- Law Enforcement/Legal Reasons: Information may be disclosed legal parties, if required by law or subpoena, or if such an action is necessary to (1) comply the reasonable requests of law enforcement, (2) to to protect the security or integrity of our properties and data, or (3) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety and security of our organization.
Our Relationship with Other Parties
Third Parties and Advertising Technologies:
Our websites and products contain links out to or content from outside websites or third party products/services. These links, content snippets, or advertisements is not necessarily an endorsement, or representation of our affiliation with any of those other parties, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy policies.
We can not control third party websites, products or services, these products and services may place their own cookies or tracking technologies on your device to collect data or solicit information from you while using those services and we encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those parties.
Social Media Providers
Our products include social media features from providers such as; Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s sharing capability, Pinterest Pins, Instagram follow, or other third party social services. These social media companies may recognize your device or login information on their platform and collect information, or they may set a cookie or use other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those third party social media companies.
Managing Your Preferences and Choices
There are any ways that you can control the information that you provide to us directly and indirectly
Cookies, Analytics, and Digital Advertising
Most commercial browsers allow you to manage your own cookie preferences in the browser settings to either (1) notify you when you receive a cookie, so you may choose if you want to accept it, (2) disable existing cookies, or (3) reject all cookies by default (or specific types of cookies, third party vs first party for example).
However you should know that restricting the use of these trackers such as cookies might negatively impact your experience using our properties, since some features could be less personalized to your behaviors or may not work as intended since some tracking and analytical functionality will not be present.
To learn more about personalized and interest-based online advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of these practices you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources at https://www.aboutads.info/choices (or https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ or https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools for the EEA and Canada, respectively) or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources at https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You can also opt-out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Email and Marketing Communications
If you would prefer to to stop receiving emails from any of our properties, you will need to click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email from us. This will ensure you are no longer opted-in to receiving emails from that particular Product or Sender. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective in our email communications software. Alternatively, you may also unsubscribe from email communications by using the “Contact Us” address found at the bottom of this Policy.
Other Rights Specific to Your Location
Residents of certain locations, including Nevada, California, Virginia, the European Union or EEA, and the United Kingdom, have specific rights with respect to the collection, use, and sharing of personal information. You can see specific rights per location below in this Policy.
Protection and Security of Information
LoveToKnow employs all appropriate administrative, technical and security measures to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of the information that has been collected. However, no systems can be completely secure. Therefore, while LoveToKnow will use every reasonable effort to protect your information we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and your use of our Digital Products indicates your agreement to assume any risk.
Children’s Information Policy
LoveToKnow’s properties are not designed for, or intended for the use by Children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any information about children under the age of 13 on any of our Properties. If we discover that information on any visitor under the age of 13 has been collected, we will ensure the deletion of that information immediately. If you are a Parent or Guardian and believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 please contact us through the “Contact Us” address at the bottom of this policy.
International Information Transfer
The information that you provide to us either directly or indirectly may be stored and processed in the United States, Spain, or any other country where LoveToKnow Media or its Affiliates operate. The data protection laws in these countries may have differing standards of protection for your information than the country that you are located, or your country of residence. If you have any questions about this policy please feel free to find the Contact Us link below. Also note that any International Information transfer would be anonymized information, not identifiable.
If you are using our products and services in the European Union or EEA, United Kingdom, or a United States State that has specific protection laws, please review the sections below for more information regarding privacy rights associated in those locations.
Changes to This Policy
California Privacy Notice
In the past 12 Months, LoveToKnow has collected the below information as it relates to CCPA
- Personal Identifiers: Email Address, Name, Address, Account Names/Passwords, or other similar identifiers
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as birth date, contact information, and payment information
- Characteristics protected under California or federal law, such as age/gender, or other information you may provide us directly
- Commercial Information, such as payment and purchase history
- Internet/Electronic Network Activity Information, such as device information, data logs, and analytics information
- Geolocation Data, such as precise geo-location information from your device GPS or generated based on IP address from Wi-Fi
- Other Personal Information, such as information you post on our social media pages or otherwise provide to us
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose specific categories of personal information or identifiers to the service providers, third-party advertising and analytics companies, and additional affiliates/providers outlined in this policy as described in the “How Do We Share or Disclose Information” section of this policy.
This includes disclosure of your information to service providers/affiliates for specific business purposes. When we disclose information for such purposes, we enter into a contract that outlines specific data security and confidentiality of that information, and limits its use to specific purposes outlined in that contract. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed each category of personal information listed above.
LoveToKnow “sells/shares” information outlined in the CCPA to the extent that we engage third-party companies to use tracking technologies within their services, including personalization and contextualization of advertising messages. Third-party partners may use specific tracking technologies, like Cookies as defined above, to collect specific information about your use on our properties, or other platforms/sites, to deliver more personalized advertising messages to you.
Depending on what products and services of ours that you use, we may “sell/share” information to third-parties for more personalized contextual and behavioral advertising the following categories of personal information to third-parties: Contact information, device level information, connection data, demographic data, inferred interest information, user-generated content, contact information, geolocation, and social media data.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident you are able to exercise your rights as they relate to your information under the following categories of information collected (subject to certain limitations under the CCPA, and the ability to verify your identity):
- Right To Access/Right To Know: You have the right to request or access all of the Personal Information that we have collected and disclosed in the past 12 months. Please note that you may access this information twice in a 12-month period.
- Right To Request Deletion: Under California law you have the right to request that we delete all Personal Information we have about you, under certain circumstances.
- The Right to Opt-Out of Sales/Sharing: Under California law you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information that we have collected about you to third-parties now or in the future for the purposes of contextual advertising or analytics.
- Right to Limit Sensitive Personal Information Use: Under California Law you have the right to limit the use and disclosure of your Personal Information to only that necessary for us to provide specific Products or Services to you. We will not use or disclose your Personal Information after you have requested its limitation, unless you subsequently provide consent for the use of such Personal Information for other purposes.
- Right to Non Discrimination: Under California Law you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights. Please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process specific Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services in their full capacity.
How To Submit a Request to Exercise Your Rights
To submit a request for the access of or deletion of your information, please submit a request by filling out this form.
Before we can process your request, we will need to verify your identity and confirm you are a resident of California. In order to verify your identity, we need you to provide us specific information via email to ensure your identity and verify your location. This process may require us to request additional personal information from you, including, but not limited to, your email address, phone number, or last communication with our products or services.
If we are unable to verify your identity and residence in the State of California we may decline your request for deletion or access to personal information.
If you would like to Opt Out of “Sales” as defined by the CCPA you may submit your request by clicking here or finding the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the footer of all of our properties. As listed above we may need to verify your identity and location.
You may also designate an authorized agent, in writing or through a power of attorney, to request to exercise the rights on your behalf as directed by California Law. If you choose to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA, we require that you provide us with written permission to exercise your rights and to verify your own identity with us.
California “Shine The Light”
At times our Products may offer opportunities to receive certain benefits such as a discount or free service, that may require your personal information. These opportunities could be considered a financial incentive under applicable law. When you participate in a financial incentive, you agree to the terms of that incentive, and may revoke your participation depending on the incentive for example by opting out of emails or exercising a data deletion event.
Virginia Privacy Notice
The Virginia Privacy Notice only applies to individuals who are Virginia residents. The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) provides additional rights and requires businesses collecting or disclosing Personal Information to provide notices and ways to exercise your rights.
Personal Information is defined as any information that is linked to or reasonably linkable to an identified person. Personal information does not include anonymized data or publicly available information.
We may collect Personal Information from you provided to us Directly, or Automatically as defined in the “Information We Collect” section of this policy. As defined under Virginia law, Precise Geolocation data is defined as Sensitive Personal Information.
We may share this Personal Information identified above with our service providers receiving information to perform services for us on our behalf.
We do not “sell” your Personal Information as defined under Virginia law, which is limited to the exchange or sale of Personal Information to a third party for monetary benefit.
As stated and defined in the “How Do We Share or Disclose Information” Section of this Policy, LoveToKnow does share personal information that is gathered when you visit our Products, such as cookies and tracking beacons with third-parties for more personalized and customized advertising purposes. You may opt-out of sharing by following the instructions provided below.
If you are a resident of Virginia you have the following rights under Virginia law regarding your Personal Information:
Right to Access: You have the right to request any Personal Information we collect, which may include requests to obtain a copy of such information.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information that is collected by us.
Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of utilization of your Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising messages, or the sale of personal data.
Right to Non-Discrimination: Under Virginia Law you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights. Please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process specific Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services in their full capacity.
For the above rights to be valid we must be able to verify your identity and your authority to make these requests. These rights are also subject to various exclusions and exceptions under applicable laws. We will verify your identity by using information that you provide, such as first name, last name, and email address.
If you are a Virginia resident and wish to exercise these rights, please reach us in one of the following ways: You May fill out this form to request access to, or deletion of your data; You may also Contact Us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Notice for Residents of Nevada
Notice for Residents in the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK)
This Notice is written to comply with applicable privacy laws, specifically the General Data Protection Act (“GDPR”), and guidance from the European Union (EU). For the purposes of this Notice, Personal Information is defined as any information that is linked to or reasonably linkable to an identified person.
The EU and UK data protection laws make a clear distinction between companies that process personal data for their own purposes also known as Data Controllers, and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other companies also known as Data Processors. Depending on your use of our Products, LoveToKnow may act as either a Data Controller or a Data Processor in respect to your personal data. We generally act as a Data Controller from the information you provide directly to us through the use of our Products. We can also operate as a Data Processor on behalf of another company acting as the Data Controller.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
LoveToKnow will only process your Personal Data or Information if we have a Legal Basis to do so. These situations include: For our Legitimate Interests (as defined below) or those interests of a Third-Party; To Comply with Legal and Regulatory Obligations; To perform any contractual obligations to you; Where You have given us specific consent, including to send you email messages.
Legitimate Interests: LoveToKnow may collect or process Personal Information to pursue the legitimate business interests defined in the Purposes section below. For us to determine these legitimate interests, we balance our legitimate interests against the legitimate interests and rights of you and others and only process Personal Information aligned with those interests where they are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Purposes For Processing Personal Information and Legal Basis Processing
Below we have outlined our Legitimate Interests and Legal Bases for Processing any Personal Information that you have provided to us. This is in addition to the “How We Use Information We Collect” section above in this Policy.
- To Provide Products or Services that you request: We Need To process your Personal Information in order to deliver specific services you may request of us according to any applicable contract between us.
- To Respond to inquiries, or provide other types of reader support: It is necessary for us to use your Personal Information to respond to any requests or inquiries you make to us or provide other types of reader support made at your request.
- To Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve Marketing Communications: This includes sending you promotional emails or communications or any other information that could be of interest to you specifically with your consent. We may also use specific analytics and Personal Information to better understand You, our readers, and how our Marketing Communications may perform. This processing is done with the basis of legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer products or services that may be of interest to you. These Marketing Communications may also include Events, Programs, Contests, Sweepstakes, or other Promotions.
- To Run, Evaluate, or Improve our Products/Services: This may include creating and testing new features for our Properties, using data to analyze or upgrade your user experience, optimizing and assessing the effectiveness of advertising messages or placements, and managing the effectiveness of our communications. It is in our legitimate interests to process Personal Information to carry out these activities.
- To Create a More Personalized Experience: This may include advertising messages, customized content recommendations, and specific offers or promotions to you based on your interests or digital behaviors, from us or third-parties. We will serve You this more personalized and customized experience only if you have consented to this Processing.
- To Enable Service Providers and Third-Parties to perform specific activities on our behalf: It is necessary for us to Process your Personal Information in order to deliver our Products and Services in their intended fashion. It is also in our legitimate interest to enable our Service Providers and Third-Parties to perform specific activities on our behalf.
- To Protect You and Create A Trusted Digital Environment: This may include compliance with our legal obligations, to ensure compliance through our agreements with you and other third-parties, to ensure safe, secure, and reliable Services, and to detect and prevent crime, assure compliance with our policies, and protect and defend our rights, interests, and property. In connection with the activities above, we may conduct internal research and profiling based on your interactions on various Sites, content you submit to the Sites, and information obtained from third parties.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the EU, UK, or Switzerland, you have the right to access, rectify, or delete any and all Personal Information that we may have collected about you. You also have the right to restrict or object to our Processing of Personal Information that we have collected about you. In addition, you have the right to ask LoveToKnow not to Process your Personal Information, or provide such information to third-parties. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data Processing we do based on consent you have provided to us. We have listed out the Specific Privacy Rights available to you here:
- Right To Access: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are Processing your Personal Information, and access to that information.
- Right To Deletion/Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted under the GDPR.
- Right To Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided to us.
- Right To Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU member state of your residence.
- Right To Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing and to Third-Party Processing.
- Right To Data Portability: You have the right to receive any Personal Information that you have provided to us, in a readable format.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to our processing of Personal Information, as permitted by the GDPR.
To exercise any of these rights or manage your preferences please click here and follow the instructions, you may Contact Us at the email address below in the “Contact Us” section, please specify which right you intend to exercise in your correspondence.
Retention of Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Information for as long as deemed necessary for the purposes that specific information was retained, for example: giving you the ability to use our Products as intended. In some instances, we may retain data for longer periods in order to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business.
Some of our processing could involve transferring your Personal Information outside the EEA, UK, or Switzerland. Several of our external third-party providers are also based outside of Europe and their processing of your Personal Information may involve a transfer of such information outside of the EEA. This could include the Country of The United States, where many of our third-party providers are based. When a transfer to a third-party located in a Country not recognized by the EU Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection, LoveToKnow will take appropriate steps to transfer the Personal Information, subject to adequate safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses as well as other appropriate measures and safeguards to ensure Data Security approved by the European Commission.
LoveToKnow is owned by LoveToKnow Media which is headquartered at 1275 US Highway 1 Unit 2 - 6084 Vero Beach, FL 32960-4706.
Updated Jun 2, 2023