- The definition of systematic is something done according to a specific system, plan or method.
An example of something that would be described as systematic is when weeds in a garden are all destroyed based on a carefully crafted weed-killing plan.
- forming or constituting a system
- based on or involving a system
- made or arranged according to a system, method, or plan; regular; orderly
- characterized by the use of method or orderly planning; methodical
- of or having to do with classification; taxonomic
Origin: Gr systēmatikos
- systematically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, characterized by, based on, or constituting a system.
- Carried on using step-by-step procedures.
- Purposefully regular; methodical. See Synonyms at orderly.
- Of or relating to classification or taxonomy.
- sysˌtem·atˈi·cal·ly adverb