- The definition of systematic is something done according to a specific system, plan or method.
An example of something that would be described as systematic is when weeds in a garden are all destroyed based on a carefully crafted weed-killing plan.
- forming or constituting a system
- based on or involving a system
- made or arranged according to a system, method, or plan; regular; orderly
- characterized by the use of method or orderly planning; methodical
- of or having to do with classification; taxonomic
Origin of systematicClassical Greek systēmatikos
- Characterized by, based on, or constituting a system: systematic thought.
- Working or done in a step-by-step manner; methodical: a systematic worker; a systematic approach.
(comparative more systematic, superlative most systematic)