- The definition of confused is a person who cannot think clearly, or is something that is jumbled or without order.
- If you are sitting in a math class and don't understand math at all, this is an example of when you would be described as confused.
- A jumble of instructions delivered out-of-order and that do not make any sense are an example of confused information.
- Confused means you caused someone to feel bewildered or perplexed.
If you gave someone an explanation that made no sense, this is an example of when you confused the person.
- Being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence.
- a. Lacking logical order or sense: a confused set of rules.b. Chaotic; jumbled: a confused mass of papers.
(comparative more confused, superlative most confused)
- Simple past tense and past participle of confuse.