- The definition of a complication is an undesired development that makes something harder or makes something worse.
When you have surgery and a problem develops as a result of the surgery, this is an example of a complication.
- the act of complicating, or making involved
- a complicated condition or structure; complex, involved, or confused relationship of parts
- a complicating factor or occurrence as in the plot of a story or in the unfolding of events
- Med. a second disease or abnormal condition occurring during the course of a primary disease
- The act of complicating.
- A confused or intricate relationship of parts.
- A factor, condition, or element that complicates.
- Medicine A secondary disease, an accident, or a negative reaction occurring during the course of an illness and usually aggravating the illness.
- The act or process of complicating; the state of being complicated; intricate or confused relation of parts; entanglement; complexity.
- A person who doesn't fit in with the main scheme of things; an interloper; someone you need to placate.
- (medicine) A disease or diseases, or adventitious circumstances or conditions, coexistent with and modifying a primary disease, but not necessarily connected with it.
- A feature beyond basic time display in a timepiece.
From Middle French complication.