- The definition of confounded is confused, or an expression similar to the word "damn" used to represent mild annoyance or anger.
- When you are confused and perplexed by a problem you are trying to solve, this is an example of when you are confounded.
- If you find someone to be a bit annoying, this is an example of when you might describe him as a confounded pest.
- confused; bewildered
- damned: a mild oath
- Confused; befuddled: A crowd of confounded bystanders stared at the appalling wreckage.
- Used as an intensive: a confounded fool.
- Simple past tense and past participle of confound.
(comparative more confounded, superlative most confounded)
- Confused; thwarted.