- The definition of confounded is confused, or an expression similar to the word "damn" used to represent mild annoyance or anger.
- When you are confused and perplexed by a problem you are trying to solve, this is an example of when you are confounded.
- If you find someone to be a bit annoying, this is an example of when you might describe him as a confounded pest.
confounded definition by Webster's New World
- confused; bewildered
- damned: a mild oath
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- confoundedly adverb
confounded definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Confused; befuddled: A crowd of confounded bystanders stared at the appalling wreckage.
- Used as an intensive: a confounded fool.
- con·foundˈed·ly adverb
- con·foundˈed·ness noun