The definition of execrable is something extremely unpleasant or poor quality.
A house with bugs, bad smells and roof leaks is an example of a house that might be described as execrable.
- deserving to be execrated; abominable; detestable
- very inferior; of poorest quality
Origin of execrableClassical Latin execrabilis
- Deserving of execration; hateful.
- Extremely inferior; very bad: an execrable meal.
Origin of execrableMiddle English, from Latin execrabilis, from execrar&imacron;, exsecrar&imacron;, to execrate; see execrate.
- Nouns to which "execrable" is often applied: taste, road, crime, murder, thing.
OriginSee also: exécrable
From Old French execrable, from Latin execrabilis