- The definition of execrable is something extremely unpleasant or poor quality.
A house with bugs, bad smells and roof leaks is an example of a house that might be described as execrable.
execrable definition by Webster's New World
- deserving to be execrated; abominable; detestable
- very inferior; of poorest quality
Origin: Classical Latin execrabilis
- execrably adverb
execrable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Deserving of execration; hateful.
- Extremely inferior; very bad: an execrable meal.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin execrābilis, from execrārī, exsecrārī, to execrate; see execrate.
- exˈe·cra·ble·ness noun
- exˈe·cra·bly adverb