- narrated; recounted; told
- connected or associated, as by origin or kind; specif., connected by kinship, marriage, etc.; of the same family
- Music closely connected melodically or harmonically: said of tones, chords, etc.
A mother is related to her son.
The definition of related is being associated with.
An example of related people are a brother and a sister.
- Being connected; associated.
- Connected by kinship, common origin, or marriage.
- Music Having a close harmonic connection.
(comparative more related, superlative most related)
- Standing in relation or connection.
- Electric and magnetic forces are closely related.
- Being a relative of.
- Everyone is related to their parents.
- Narrated; told.
- (music) Same as the adjective relative.
- (mathematics) Fulfilling a relation.
- (in combination) Having a relationship with the thing named
- Gun-related crime.
- Simple past tense and past participle of relate.
- I related Howie's comment about not letting go.
- Are you related to the family that...
- The suggestion has been made by Allmann and recently upheld by Schepotieff that Rhabdopleura is related to some of the Graptolites.
- I related in detail what I'd learned on line.
- He later related how incredibly difficult it was to watch that happen and be powerless to intercede.