- The definition of correspondent is something that is similar to another.
An example of correspondent is one identical twin to the other.
- A correspondent is defined as a person who writes letters to people or who informs the public about current affairs on a certain subject or from a specific place through the media.
- An example of a correspondent is a person who sends postcards and thank you letters to their friends and family.
- An example of a correspondent is a person who reports the news from Mexico on National Public Radio.
corresponding; agreeing; matching; analogous
Origin of correspondentMiddle English ; from Medieval Latin correspondens, present participle of correspondere, correspond
- a thing that corresponds; correlate
- a person who exchanges letters with another
- a person who writes to a magazine or newspaper, expressing an opinion, as on public affairs
- a person hired by a newspaper, radio or television network, etc. to furnish news, articles, newscast segments, etc. of a certain type or from a distant place
- a person or firm acting for, or having regular business relations with, another at a distance
- One who communicates by means of letters, e-mails, or other forms of written messages.
- One employed by the print or broadcast media to supply news stories or articles: a foreign correspondent.
- One that has regular business dealings with another, especially at a distance.
- Something that corresponds; a correlative.
(comparative more correspondent, superlative most correspondent)
- Corresponding; suitable; adapted; congruous.
- (with to or with) Conforming; obedient.
- Someone who or something which corresponds.
- A journalist who sends reports to his newspaper or radio or television station from a distant or overseas location.