The definition of correspondent is something that is similar to another.adjective
An example of correspondent is one identical twin to the other.
A correspondent is defined as a person who writes letters to people or who informs the public about current affairs on a certain subject or from a specific place through the media.noun
- An example of a correspondent is a person who sends postcards and thank you letters to their friends and family.
- An example of a correspondent is a person who reports the news from Mexico on National Public Radio.
Origin: ME < ML correspondens, prp. of correspondere, correspond
- a thing that corresponds; correlate
- a person who exchanges letters with another
- a person who writes to a magazine or newspaper, expressing an opinion, as on public affairs
- a person hired by a newspaper, radio or television network, etc. to furnish news, articles, newscast segments, etc. of a certain type or from a distant place
- a person or firm acting for, or having regular business relations with, another at a distance
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who communicates by means of letters.
- One employed by the print or broadcast media to supply news stories or articles: a foreign correspondent.
- One that has regular business dealings with another, especially at a distance.
- Something that corresponds; a correlative.
- corˌre·sponˈdent·ly adverb
correspondent - Business Definition
- A financial organization such as a securities firm or a bank that regularly performs services for another firm that does not have the requisite facilities or the access to perform the services directly. For example, a member of a securities exchange may execute a trade for a nonmember firm.
- A person who is paid to provide articles or news stories to a media outlet.