- The definition of agreeable is the likeliness of a person consenting to an idea or action or the likeliness that some action will be accepted.
- An example of someone who is agreeable is a person who goes along with the plans that a group of friends have made regarding where to have dinner.
- An example of an agreeable idea is that everyone should split the check.
- The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven is an example of an agreeable odor.
- pleasing or pleasant: an agreeable odor
- willing or ready to consent
- conformable or in accord
- that can be approved; acceptable: a contract agreeable to both parties
Origin of agreeableMiddle English and amp; Old French agreable ; from agreer, agree
- To one's liking; pleasing: agreeable weather.
- Suitable; conformable: a practice agreeable to the law.
- Ready to consent or submit: I am agreeable to your plan.
- a·gree′a·bil′i·ty, a·gree′a·ble·ness
(comparative more agreeable, superlative most agreeable)
- Pleasing, either to the mind or senses; pleasant; grateful.
- agreeable manners
- agreeable remarks
- an agreeable person
- fruit agreeable to the taste
- (colloquial) Willing; ready to agree or consent.
- Agreeing or suitable; conformable; correspondent; concordant; adapted; followed by to, or rarely by with.
- In pursuance, conformity, or accordance; used adverbially
- Agreeable to the order of the day, the House took up the report.
- Something pleasing; anything that is agreeable.