- The definition of agreeable is the likeliness of a person consenting to an idea or action or the likeliness that some action will be accepted.
- An example of someone who is agreeable is a person who goes along with the plans that a group of friends have made regarding where to have dinner.
- An example of an agreeable idea is that everyone should split the check.
- The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven is an example of an agreeable odor.
- pleasing or pleasant: an agreeable odor
- willing or ready to consent
- conformable or in accord
- that can be approved; acceptable: a contract agreeable to both parties
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French agreable ; from agreer, agree
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- To one's liking; pleasing: agreeable weather.
- Suitable; conformable: a practice agreeable to the law.
- Ready to consent or submit: I am agreeable to your plan.
- a·greeˌa·bilˈi·ty, a·greeˈa·ble·ness noun
- a·greeˈa·bly adverb