A compound would be this drink.
- The definition of a compound is something that contains two or more parts.
An example of compound is a mixed cocktail.
- Compound means to mix multiple ingredients together or make something bigger.
- An example of compound is to blend grass clippings, leaves and vegetable matter for compost.
- An example of compound is adding rocks to a rock pile.
- An example of compound is to gain interest on money in a savings account.
compound - Legal Definition
- To determine the interest on the principal and on whatever interest has already accrued.
- To settle a claim or debt for an amount less than what is alleged to be due.
- To agree, in exchange for consideration, not to prosecute a crime or seek punishment for the convicted criminal. See also compounding a crime.