- Intensify is defined as to make something much stronger or more intense.
An example of intensify is wearing false eyelashes to make your eyes stand out.
intensify definition by Webster's New World
transitive verb intensified, intensifying
- to make intense or more intense; increase; strengthen
- Photog. to make (a film, etc.) more dense or opaque by treating with an intensifier
to become intense or increase in intensity
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- intensification noun
intensify definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb in·ten·si·fied, in·ten·si·fy·ing, in·ten·si·fies verb, transitive
- To make intense or more intense: The press has intensified its scrutiny of the candidate's background.
- To increase the contrast of (a photographic image).
To become intense or more intense: The search intensified as dusk approached.
- in·tenˌsi·fi·caˈtion noun