- Intensify is defined as to make something much stronger or more intense.
An example of intensify is wearing false eyelashes to make your eyes stand out.
transitive verbintensified, intensifying
- to make intense or more intense; increase; strengthen
- Photog. to make (a film, etc.) more dense or opaque by treating with an intensifier
verbin·ten·si·fied, in·ten·si·fy·ing, in·ten·si·fies
- To make intense or more intense: The press has intensified its scrutiny of the candidate's background.
- To increase the contrast of (a photographic image).
(third-person singular simple present intensifies, present participle intensifying, simple past and past participle intensified)