- The definition of discordant is a type of sound that clashes with the tone of the music being played.
An example of something discordant is a piano note that clashes with the other music during a concert.
- Discordant is defined as disagreeing with what is accepted.
An example of discordant is an opinion that is different from the group.
discordant definition by Webster's New World
- not in accord; disagreeing; conflicting
- not in harmony; dissonant; clashing
Origin: Middle English discordaunt ; from Old French descordant, present participle of descorder: see discord
discordant definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Not being in accord; conflicting.
- Disagreeable in sound; harsh or dissonant.
- dis·corˈdan·cy noun
- dis·corˈdant·ly adverb