- The definition of harmonious is things that go well together, or people and things that get along well.
- When you get along with someone and rarely fight, that is an example of a situation where you have a harmonious relationship.
- When a piece of music is pleasant and all the parts go together well, this is an example of harmonious music.
harmonious definition by Webster's New World
- having parts combined in a proportionate, orderly, or pleasing arrangement; congruous
- having similar or conforming feelings, ideas, interests, etc.; in accord
- having musical tones combined to give a pleasing effect; consonant
Origin: French harmonieux ; from Old French harmonie: see harmony
harmonious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Exhibiting accord in feeling or action.
- Having component elements pleasingly or appropriately combined: a harmonious blend of architectural styles.
- Characterized by harmony of sound; melodious.
- har·moˈni·ous·ly adverb
- har·moˈni·ous·ness noun