The definition of heterogeneous is having diverse ingredients or parts.adjective
An example of heterogeneous is a classroom made up of students from all different backgrounds.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- differing or opposite in structure, quality, etc.; dissimilar; incongruous; foreign
- composed of unrelated or unlike elements or parts; varied; miscellaneous
Origin: ML heterogeneus < Gr heterogenēs < hetero-, other, hetero- + genos, a race, kind: see genus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- also het·er·og·e·nous Consisting of dissimilar elements or parts; not homogeneous. See Synonyms at miscellaneous.
- Completely different; incongruous.
Origin: From Medieval Latin heterogeneus, from Greek heterogenēs : hetero-, hetero- + genos, kind, race; see genə- in Indo-European roots.
- hetˌer·o·geˈne·ous·ly adverb
- hetˌer·o·geˈne·ous·ness noun
heterogeneous - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
heterogeneous - Medical Definition