assorted definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of different sorts; of various kinds; miscellaneous
- sorted into groups according to kind
- matched: a poorly assorted pair
assorted definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Consisting of a number of different kinds: assorted sizes. See Synonyms at miscellaneous.
- Separated according to kind or class.
- Suited or matched. Often used in combination: well-assorted accessories; an ill-assorted set of ski equipment.