- The definition of varied is changed, or of different types, kinds and colors.
An example of something varied is a shoe available in white, black, gray, tan and brown; varied color choices.
Varied tennis shoes.
varied definition by Webster's New World
- of different kinds; various
- showing different colors; variegated
- changed; altered
- variedly adverb
varied definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having or consisting of various kinds or forms; diverse. See Synonyms at miscellaneous.
- Having been modified or altered.
- Of several colors; varicolored or variegated.
- varˈied·ly adverb
Variant of vary
- to change in form, appearance, nature, substance, etc.; alter; modify
- to make different from one another
- to give variety to; diversify: to vary one's reading
- Music to repeat (a theme or idea) with changes in harmony, rhythm, key, etc.
Origin: Middle English varien ; from Old French varier ; from Classical Latin variare, to vary, change ; from varius, various, probably ; from Indo-European base an unverified form wa-, to bend, turn from source vacillate
- to undergo change in any way; become different
- to be different or diverse; differ: varying opinions
- to deviate, diverge, or depart (from)
- Biol. to show variation