- stretched out; spread out
- prolonged; continued
- enlarged in influence, meaning, scope, effect, etc.; extensive
- Printing designating type with a wider face than is standard for the height
A woman stretches with both legs extended.
- An example of extended is the longer back part of a truck; an extended cab.
- An example of extended is a warranty for 10 years instead of the usual five.
The definition of extended is longer or more than the usual.
- Stretched or pulled out: an extended telescope.
- Continued for a long period of time; protracted: had an extended vacation in the Alps.
- Enlarged or broad in meaning, scope, or influence: an extended sense of the word honest.
- simple past tense and past participle of extend
- He'd extended an olive branch and come back empty-handed.
- He extended his hand.
- You said you were taking an extended vacation from work.
- * The war must be extended widely.
- Dean was sure that, deep down, she thought whacking at a ball or chasing one someone else clobbered was an extended children's game and certainly not a worthwhile profession.