- The definition of extended is longer or more than the usual.
- An example of extended is the longer back part of a truck; an extended cab.
- An example of extended is a warranty for 10 years instead of the usual five.
A woman stretches with both legs extended.
extended definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- stretched out; spread out
- prolonged; continued
- enlarged in influence, meaning, scope, effect, etc.; extensive
- Printing designating type with a wider face than is standard for the height
extended definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Stretched or pulled out: an extended telescope.
- Continued for a long period of time; protracted: had an extended vacation in the Alps.
- Enlarged or broad in meaning, scope, or influence: an extended sense of the word honest.
- ex·tendˈed·ly adverb