- having a pattern of squares
- varied by the use of color and shading
- marked by diversified features or by varied events, some unpleasant: a checkered career
- Divided into squares.
- Marked by light and dark patches; diversified in color.
- Characterized by shifts in fortune or dishonorable acts: a checkered career.
- simple past tense and past participle of checker
(comparative more checkered, superlative most checkered)
- Start by purchasing an assortment of race cars, and add a checkered pair of socks or hat, a bubble bath with a race car theme, and perhaps a toy steering wheel or an anticipated race car game for his favorite video gaming system.
- If you are having a themed outdoor wedding, this is the time to make it come alive-for example, use checkered tablecloths and hay bales for western weddings, or butterfly ceiling hangings for a garden wedding.
- First published by Milton Bradley as The Checkered Game of Life in 1860, the well-known classic version of the Game of Life was developed in 1960 to celebrate Milton Bradley's centennial anniversary.
- It was originally titled "The Checkered Game of Life" and featured a simplistic checkerboard that represented the basic milestones of life - college, jobs, marriages, children and retirement.
- If you don't care about having a white cake and want to feature some major color and style in your dessert, have a decorator screen a paisley or checkered pattern onto your cake.