- gone away; past; bygone
- Bygone; past: relics from a departed era.
- No longer living; dead. See Synonyms at dead.
- A dead person, especially one who has died recently: The family of the departed remained after the funeral service.
- (used with a pl. verb) Dead persons considered as a group; the dead.
- Simple past tense and past participle of depart.
- (euphemistic) dead
Departed is most commonly used in a religious setting or at a funeral. Deceased is commonly used in legal and journalistic settings.