- The definition of variegated is marked with different colors, or varying in form.
- A tulip with a red base and yellow streaks of color is an example of something variegated.
- A set of plants that are available in purple or red are an example of something variegated.
Beautiful variegated tulips.
variegated definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- marked with different colors in spots, streaks, etc.; parti-colored
- having variety in character, form, etc.; varied; diversified
variegated definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having streaks, marks, or patches of a different color or colors; varicolored: “If they recall the Colosseum . . . it is only as a showcase for cats more variegated than any fevered artist's mind could imagine” (Michael Mewshaw).
- Distinguished or characterized by variety; diversified.
Variant of variegate