- of or resembling a prism
- that refracts light as a prism
- that forms or resembles prismatic colors
- many-colored; brilliant; dazzling
Origin: < Gr prisma (gen. prismatos): see prism & -ic
- prismatically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, resembling, or being a prism.
- Formed by refraction of light through a prism. Used of a spectrum of light.
- Brilliantly colored; iridescent.
Origin: Greek prīsma, prīsmat-, prism; see prism + -ic.
- pris·matˈi·cal·ly adverb
prismatic - Science Definition
- Relating to or resembling a prism.
- Formed by refraction of light through a prism, used especially of a spectrum of light.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.