- marked with different colors in spots, streaks, etc.; parti-colored
- having variety in character, form, etc.; varied; diversified
Beautiful variegated tulips.
- A tulip with a red base and yellow streaks of color is an example of something variegated.
- A set of plants that are available in purple or red are an example of something variegated.
The definition of variegated is marked with different colors, or varying in form.
- Having streaks, marks, or patches of a different color or colors; varicolored: a plant with variegated leaves.
- Distinguished or characterized by variety; diversified: her variegated experience.
(comparative more variegated, superlative most variegated)
- Simple past tense and past participle of variegate.
- Variegatum has the leaves variegated with bright yellow.
- One variety of the horse-chestnut has variegated leaves, and another double flowers.
- Roman glass beads are always drawn out, and nicked off hot, with striation Iengthways; except the large opaque variegated beads which are coiled.
- The sides are bluish green above, violet in the middle, red beneath, variegated with oval spots of brilliant silver.
- The variegated jackal (C. variegatus), and the dusky jackal (C. adustus).