- The definition of composed is calm.
An example of composed is a meditating monk.
composed definition by Webster's New World
composed definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- com·posˈed·ly adverb
- com·posˈed·ness noun
Variant of compose
- to form in combination; make up; constitute: mortar is composed of lime, sand, and water
- to put together; put in proper order or form
- to create (a musical or literary work)
- to adjust or settle; reconcile: to compose differences
- to put (oneself, one's mind, etc.) in a state of tranquillity or repose; calm; allay
- to set (type)
- to produce (printed matter) as by computer, photocomposition, etc.
Origin: Middle English composen ; from Old French composer ; from com-, with plush poser, to place; meaning influenced, influence by Classical Latin componere: see composite
- to create musical or literary works
- Printing to set type