- The definition of homogeneous is all the same, or of a similar structure or quality.
When there are a group of kids who all look and dress exactly the same, this is an example of ahomogeneous group.
- the same in structure, quality, etc.; similar or identical
- composed of similar or identical elements or parts; uniform
- having all terms of the same dimensions or degree
Origin of homogeneousMedieval Latin homogeneus ; from Classical Greek homogenēs, of the same race or kind: see homo- and amp; genus
- Consisting of parts that are the same; uniform in structure or composition: “a tight-knit, homogeneous society” (James Fallows).
- Of the same or similar nature or kind: “Professional archivists &ellipsis; developed more or less homogeneous conservation practices” (David Howard).
- Mathematics Consisting of terms of the same degree or elements of the same dimension.
Origin of homogeneousFrom Medieval Latin homogeneus, from Greek homogenēs : homo-, homo- + genos, kind; see heterogeneous.