- Human means someone or something that is related to or associated with people or humanity.
An example of human is the trait of knowing about death.
- The definition of a human is a person.
An example of a human is you or your parents or anyone else you know who is not an animal.
A diverse group of humans.
human definition by Webster's New World
- of, belonging to, or typical of man (Homo sapiens): the human race
- consisting of or produced by people: human society
- having or showing qualities, as rationality or fallibility, viewed as distinctive of people: a human act, a human failing
Origin: Middle English humayne ; from Old French humaine ; from Classical Latin humanus, akin to homo, a man: see homo
- humanness noun
human definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species H. sapiens.
- A person: the extraordinary humans who explored Antarctica.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of humans: the course of human events; the human race.
- Having or showing those positive aspects of nature and character regarded as distinguishing humans from other animals: an act of human kindness.
- Subject to or indicative of the weaknesses, imperfections, and fragility associated with humans: a mistake that shows he's only human; human frailty.
- Having the form of a human.
- Made up of humans: formed a human bridge across the ice.
Origin: Middle English humain, from Old French, from Latin hūmānus; see dhghem- in Indo-European roots.
- huˈman·hoodˌ noun
- huˈman·ness noun
human - Computer Definition
A person. Humans are living, breathing entities capable of feeling and showing emotions, such as love, hate, compassion, and indifference. Some, but not all, humans are considerate and generous. Humans are fallible, although some deny that. Most, but not all, humans are forgiving of the faults of others. (I sincerely hope that you love this book passionately, forgive me for any errors you find in it, and generously give copies of it to all of your friends and acquaintances.) Humans are still necessary, although many of their functions have been automated by machines. See also automated attendant and machine.
human - Phrases/Idioms
human - Science Definition
- A member of the species Homo sapiens; a human being.
- A member of any of the extinct species of the genus Homo, such as Homo erectus or Homo habilis, that are considered ancestral or closely related to modern humans.