- Immortal is defined as something or someone that can never die.
A vampire who cannot ever die is an example of someone who would be described as immortal.
- The definition of an immortal is a person who cannot ever die, or a person whose fame lives on.
- A vampire is an example of an immortal if he is unable to ever die.
- A celebrity whose fame lives on even after his death is an example of an immortal.
- not mortal; deathless; living or lasting forever
- of or relating to immortality
- lasting a long time; enduring
- having lasting fame: an immortal poet
Origin of immortalMiddle English ; from Classical Latin immortalis: see in- and amp; mortal
- the ancient Greek or Roman gods
- a person having lasting fame
- Not subject to death: immortal deities; the immortal soul.
- Never to be forgotten; everlasting: immortal words.
- Of or relating to immortality.
- Biology Capable of indefinite growth or division. Used of cells in culture.
- One not subject to death.
- One whose fame is enduring.
Origin of immortalMiddle English, from Old French immortel, from Latin immortālis; see mer- in Indo-European roots.