- The definition of endless is continuing forever, or lasting for a very long time.
- An example of endless is eternity.
- An example of endless is continual problems; endless problems.
This railroad trestle appears to be endless.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- having no end; going on forever; infinite
- lasting too long: an endless speech
- continual: endless interruptions
- with the ends joined to form a closed unit that can move continuously over wheels, etc.: an endless chain
Origin: Middle English endeles ; from Old English endeleas: see end and amp; -less
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Being or seeming to be without an end or limit; boundless: an endless universe; an endless conversation.
- Formed with the ends joined; continuous: an endless chain.
- endˈless·ly adverb
- endˈless·ness noun