- not relenting; harsh; pitiless
- persistent; unremitting
The sandstorms are relentless in the Saharan Desert.
The definition of relentless is persistent or unyielding.
An example of relentless is a four-hour sand storm in the desert.
- Unyielding in severity or strictness; unrelenting: relentless persecution.
- Steady and persistent; unremitting: a relentless drumbeat.
(comparative more relentless, superlative most relentless)
relent +"Ž -less
- Their relentless use of water caused a flood in their lawn.
- She had relentless determination to finish the project.
- They were the most relentless of all the warriors.
- He led a strong fight against the relentless rulings of the committee.
- Albert was a man of relentless energy and boundless ambition.