The definition of intermittent is something that starts and stops or happens irregularly.adjective
An example of intermittent is occasional thunder during a rainstorm.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Origin: L intermittens, prp. of intermittere: see intermit
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Stopping and starting at intervals. See Synonyms at periodic.
- Alternately containing and empty of water: an intermittent lake.
- inˌter·mitˈtence noun
- inˌter·mitˈtent·ly adverb
intermittent - Medical Definition
- Stopping and starting at intervals.
- Marked by intervals of complete quietude occurring between two periods of activity.
- intermittence noun