- tending to rise and fall in line with the fluctuations of the business cycle: cyclical stocks
The definition of cyclical is something that goes in cycles, or something that occurs in a repeating pattern.
The change of seasons each year is an example of something that would be described as cyclical.
- Its tendency to undergo cyclical changes.
- It has been justly observed by many that this continuous cyclical movement entirely excludes the progress of humanity towards a better future.
- But this simple relation is only true of the net balances of heat and work in a complete cyclical process, which must be adopted for theoretical purposes if we wish to eliminate the unknown changes of intrinsic energy.
- James Bradley had described to the Royal Society on the 2nd of July 171 9 the curious cyclical relations of the three inner satellites; and their period of 437 days was independently discovered by Wargentin, who based upon it in 1746 a set of tables, superseded only by those of J.
- - Portion of the calcareous corallum of Millepora nodosa, showing the cyclical arrangement of the pores occupied by the " persons " or hydranths.