- The definition of continual is ongoing, or occurring frequently or without pause.
If someone is constantly making noise and barely ever taking a break, this is an example of continual noise.
continual definition by Webster's New World
- happening over and over again; repeated often; going on in rapid succession
- going on uninterruptedly; continuous
Origin: Middle English continuel ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin continuus: see continue
- continually adverb
continual definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Recurring regularly or frequently: the continual need to pay the mortgage.
- Not interrupted; steady: continual noise; a continual diet of vegetables.
- con·tinˈu·al·ly adverb