- Ending is defined as a finale, conclusion or last part.
An example of an ending is the last episode of a television series.
A beautiful sunset as the day is ending.
ending definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an end; specif.,
- the last part; finish; conclusion
- Gram. the letter(s) or syllable(s) added to the end of a word or base to make a derived or inflected form: “-ed” is the ending in “wanted”
Origin: Old English endung: see end
ending definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A conclusion or termination.
- A concluding part; a finale: a happy ending.
- Grammar The final morpheme added to a word base to make an inflectional form, such as -ed in walked.