A beautiful sunset as the day is ending.
- Ending is defined as a finale, conclusion or last part.
An example of an ending is the last episode of a television series.
- an end; specif.,
- the last part; finish; conclusion
- Gram. the letter(s) or syllable(s) added to the end of a word or base to make a derived or inflected form: “-ed” is the ending in “wanted”
Origin of endingOld English endung: see end
- A conclusion or termination.
- A concluding part; a finale: a happy ending.
- Grammar The final morpheme added to a word base to make an inflectional form, such as –ed in walked.
- Present participle of end.