- a terminating or being terminated
- the end of something in space or time; limit, bound, conclusion, or finish
- Linguis. the end of a word; final sound, morpheme, or syllable; specif., an inflectional ending
- a thing's outcome or result: friendly termination of a dispute
See termination in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The act of terminating or the condition of being terminated.
a. The end of something in time; the conclusion.
b. An end of something in space; a limit or edge.
- A result; an outcome.
- Linguistics The end of a word, as a suffix, inflectional ending, or final morpheme.
- terˌmi·naˈtion·al adjective
Learn more about termination