- a boundary or limit
- a boundary stone or marker
- an end; final point; extremity or goal
- Chiefly Brit. either end of a transportation line, or a station or town located there; terminal
- Rom. Myth. the deity presiding over boundaries and landmarks
Origin of terminusL: see term
nounpl. ter·mi·nus·es or ter·mi·ni
- The final point; the end.
- An end point on a transportation line or the town in which it is located.
- a. A boundary or border.b. A stone or post marking a border.
Origin of terminusLatin.
(plural termini or terminuses)
- runtimes, run times
From Latin terminus (“boundary, limit"). From the god Terminus who presided over boundaries.
From terminus (“a boundary or border, a limit or point")