- Destination is defined as the final purpose or place.
An example of a destination is Disney World on a trip to Florida.
destination definition by Webster's New World
- Rare a destining or being destined
- the end for which something or someone is destined
- the place toward which someone or something is going or sent
Origin: Middle English destinacioun ; from Classical Latin destinatio, settlement, appointment ; from destinare: see destine
destination definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The place to which one is going or directed.
- The ultimate purpose for which something is created or intended.
- Archaic An act of appointing or setting aside for a specific purpose.