- The definition of a depot is a terminal or storage station, or a place where buses and trains come.
- A central hub or central station for storing goods is an example of a depot.
- The area where buses and trains all come to pick up passengers is an example of a depot.
A train depot.
- a storehouse; warehouse
- ☆ a railroad or bus station: originally used of a freight station
- a storage place for supplies
- a station for assembling either recruits for training or combat replacements for assignment to a unit
Origin of depotFrench dépôt, a deposit, storehouse ; from Classical Latin depositum: see deposit
- A railroad or bus station.
- A warehouse or storehouse.
- a. A storage installation for military equipment and supplies.b. A station for assembling military recruits and forwarding them to active units.
Origin of depotFrench dépôt, from Old French depost, from Latin dēpositum, something deposited, from neuter past participle of dēpōnere, to put down, deposit; see depone.