- The definition of a depot is a terminal or storage station, or a place where buses and trains come.
- A central hub or central station for storing goods is an example of a depot.
- The area where buses and trains all come to pick up passengers is an example of a depot.
A train depot.
depot definition by Webster's New World
- a storehouse; warehouse
- ☆ a railroad or bus station: originally used of a freight station
- a storage place for supplies
- a station for assembling either recruits for training or combat replacements for assignment to a unit
Origin: French dépôt, a deposit, storehouse ; from Classical Latin depositum: see deposit
depot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A railroad or bus station.
- A warehouse or storehouse.
- a. A storage installation for military equipment and supplies.b. A station for assembling military recruits and forwarding them to active units.
Origin: French dépôt, from Old French depost, from Latin dēpositum, something deposited, from neuter past participle of dēpōnere, to put down, deposit; see depone.