Your home is your haven.
- The definition of a haven is a safe or comforting place.
A nice, comfortable and safe home is an example of a haven.
- a port; harbor
- any sheltered, safe place; refuge
Origin of havenMiddle English ; from Old English hæfen, akin to German hafen, Low German haff ; from Indo-European an unverified form kapnos, haven ; from base an unverified form kap-: see have
- A harbor or anchorage; a port.
- A place of refuge or rest; a sanctuary.
transitive verbha·vened, ha·ven·ing, ha·vens
Origin of havenMiddle English, from Old English hæfen; see kap- in Indo-European roots.
(third-person singular simple present havens, present participle havening, simple past and past participle havened)
- To put into, or provide with a haven.