- that results; following as a consequence
- resulting from two or more forces or agents acting together
Origin of resultantClassical Latin resultans, present participle
- something that results; result
- Physics a force, velocity, etc. with an effect equal to that of two or more such forces, etc. acting together
Issuing or following as a consequence or result.
- Something that results; an outcome.
- Mathematics A single vector that is the equivalent of a set of vectors.
Latin resultans, present participle.