The definition of attendant is a person who performs a service for another.
A person working in a bathroom to clean and distribute bathroom necessities is an example of an attendant.
- attending or serving: an attendant nurse
- being present
- accompanying as a circumstance or result: attendant difficulties
- a person who attends or serves: an attendant at the zoo, a queen's attendants
- a person present
- an accompanying thing; concomitant
- One who attends or waits on another.
- One who is present.
- An accompanying thing or circumstance; a concomitant.
- Being present: ships and attendant sailors.
- Accompanying or following as a result: attendant circumstances.
(comparative more attendant, superlative most attendant)
attendant - Legal Definition
Accompanying; resulting in. For example, in criminal law, the definitions of several crimes require the presence or absence of attendant circumstances; for example, the absence of consent to be touched is required for an offensive touching to be considered a battery.