A detached house is one that doesn't share wall with another house.
- An example of detached is a house that shares no walls with another house and that stands alone without being connected to any other house.
- An example of detached is a doctor who manages not to become emotionally involved with in his patients.
The definition of detached is separate or not connected, or not emotionally involved.
- not connected; separate
- not involved by emotion, interests, etc.; aloof; impartial
- Separated; disconnected: a detached part; a detached plug.
- Standing apart from others; separate: a house with a detached garage.
- Marked by an absence of emotional involvement or personal interest; aloof or unbiased.
(comparative more detached, superlative most detached)
- simple past tense and past participle of detach