- separated into parts; parted
- having a center strip, as of turf, separating traffic moving in opposite directions: a divided highway
- having distinct indentations or notches reaching to the base or midrib, as in certain compound leaves
- disagreeing or differing in opinion
See divided in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Separated into parts or pieces.
- Being in a state of disagreement or disunity: a divided nation.
- Moved by conflicting interests, emotions, or activities: divided loyalties.
- Separated by distance: a child divided from her familiar surroundings.
- Having the lanes for opposing traffic separated: divided highways.
- Botany Having indentations extending to the midrib or base and forming distinct lobes: divided leaves.
Learn more about divided