- Architecture Joined to or by a wall, especially by sharing a wall with another building; not freestanding: a block of attached houses.
- Biology Fixed to a surface for one part of the life cycle, as the barnacle.
- Feeling affection for someone; fond or involved: She is very attached to her cousins.
- Simple past tense and past participle of attach.
(comparative more attached, superlative most attached)
- In a romantic or sexual relationship.
- As far as I know, he isn't attached, so I'm going to invite him out on a date.
- I'm not ready to get attached, as I want to continue sleeping around.
- (botany, mycology) Broadly joined to a stem or stipe, but not decurrent.
- In this group of mushrooms, the attachment of the gills to the stipe ranges from attached to almost decurrent.
- Of a residential building, sharing walls with similar buildings on two, usually opposite, sides.