- simple past tense and past participle of commit
- An example of a committed parent is one who is at every one of her child's games and who is a homeroom mother who is always there for her son.
- An example of committed is to have given your life to honor a specific cause.
- An example of committed is to be sent to prison.
The definition of committed is being dedicated or loyal to something, to give for safekeeping or to be confined.
- She was committed to the job.
- He's fully committed to continuing this adventure.
- I agreed and we committed ourselves to starting a family.
- He's totally committed to what we're doing.
- In either case a grave crime has been committed which deserves a grave punishment.