- An example of given is a box of books donated to charity; given to charity.
- An example of given is a person who always shows up late to parties; given to being late.
- An example of given is a time a person said they would be somewhere; a given time.
- bestowed; presented
- accustomed, as from habit or inclination; prone: given to lying
- stated; specified: a given date
- taken as a premise; assumed; granted: given that ABC is a right triangle
- issued or executed (on the specified date by the specified person): used in official documents
- a. Specified; fixed: We will meet at a given time and location.b. Granted as a supposition; acknowledged or assumed: Given the condition of the engine, it is a wonder that it even starts.
- Having a tendency; inclined: My neighbor is given to lavish spending.
- Bestowed as a gift; presented.
- past participle of give
- Considering; taking into account.
- Given the current situation, I don't think that's possible.
- A condition that is assumed to be true without further evaluation.
(comparative more given, superlative most given)
- Already arranged.
- Currently discussed.
- Particular, specific.
- No more than three people can be in that space at a given time.
- Assumed as fact or hypothesis.
- Given that we will get the resources, what do we want to achieve?
- (with to) Prone, disposed.
- He was given to taking a couple of glasses of port at his club.