A schoolboy doing his homework.
- Provided means if something happens.
An example of the use of provided as a conjunction is in the sentence, "You can go outside and play, provided you finish your homework on time," which means "You can go outside and play, if you finish your homework on time."
- Provided is defined as to have given something or help in the past.
An example of provided is to have stocked up an empty soup kitchen yesterday.
(also provided that)
- Only if (the stipulation that follows is true).
- You can go to the party provided you finish all your homework first.
- Simple past tense and past participle of provide.