The definition of providential is to seem to come from a divine power.adjective
- An example of something providential is choosing the right horse when betting your last $20 at a racetrack; providential bet.
- An example of something providential is circumstances leading you to buy your first house when everything seemed to be going against you; providential purchase.
Origin: < L providentia + -al
- providentially adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or resulting from divine providence.
- Happening as if through divine intervention; opportune. See Synonyms at happy.
- provˌi·denˈtial·ly adverb