- The definition of miraculous is something provided by divine intervention, or something unexpected and wonderful.
- When you believe that your cancer was cured by intervention from God, this is an example of a miraculous cure.
- When you never expected to be able to pay off your loan and you win enough money to pay off the loan, this is an example of a miraculous situation.
- having the nature of a miracle; supernatural
- like a miracle; wonderful; marvelous
- able to work miracles
Origin of miraculousMiddle French miraculeux ; from Medieval Latin miraculosus ; from Classical Latin miraculum
- Of the nature of a miracle; preternatural.
- So astounding as to suggest a miracle; phenomenal: a miraculous recovery; a miraculous escape.
- Able to work miracles.
Origin of miraculousMiddle English miraclous, from Old French miraculeux, from Medieval Latin mīrāculōsus, from Latin mīrāculum, miracle; see miracle.
(comparative more miraculous, superlative most miraculous)