- The definition of incredible is something so unbelievable or so unusual that it is hard to believe.
An example of incredible is someone telling a story about a Sasquatch sighting.
incredible definition by Webster's New World
- not credible; unbelievable
- seeming too unusual or improbable to be possible
Origin: Classical Latin incredibilis
incredible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- So implausible as to elicit disbelief: gave an incredible explanation of the cause of the accident.
- Astonishing: dressed with incredible speed.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin incrēdibilis : in-, not; see in-1 + crēdibilis, believable; see credible.
- in·credˌi·bilˈi·ty, in·credˈi·ble·ness noun
- in·credˈi·bly adverb